Are you curious about the Infant Mental Health vision and would you like to learn more about it? In the 9-hour e-learning IMH you will be introduced to the basic concepts, theories and models of the Infant Mental Health vision. You will learn what the IMH vision entails. You learn about the parent – child relationship, how to observe it and what does this tell you? In addition, the influence of the past on the here and now of the parent, the child and the parent-child relationship is considered.
Block 1: Introduction to IMH – approximately 2½ hours
– Infant Mental Health Vision & intuitive parenting and regulation
– Infant Mental Health models – Bronfenbrenner, Transactional model – Belsky
– Infant Mental Health concept – The Motherhood Constellation – Stern
– Infant Mental Health models – Port of Entry – Stern
Block 2 Parent-child relationship – approximately 4½ hours
– Transition parenting, Repair and recovery
– Strengthening the parent-child relationship using the Circles of Safety and Trust
– Intergenerational trauma, Ghosts & Angels in the nursery
Block 3 Resilience & Vulnerability – approximately 1½ hours
– Child factors: The competent baby & stress
– Treatment plan and promoting resilience
Knowledge test – approximately ½ hour
You will have access to the e-learning for one year.
Please note: if you complete the e-learning prior to a training day or course, check the admission requirements for the training day or course to see if you meet these. In order to proceed to a training day or skills course, the e-learning knowledge test must be passed with a minimum of 60%.